Week 2: Feedback Thoughts

Success looks different for everyone.

I read Gaiman’s book Art Matters a few weeks ago, just after finishing his book Good Omens (I’m excited to watch the Amazon adaptation soon). There are a few novels on creativity that inspire me: one of them is The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. The other one is Art Matters. Gaiman’s book was a reaffirmation to chase my dreams, continue writing the things that I liked, and above all, make good art.

These seven rules, as listed by John Spencer, are similar to the creative tools that I use in my day-to-day life. Still, it’s easy to get distracted by everything going on in life, or the lack there-of. That’s why it’s important to set goals and stick to them. On top of that, it’s important to promote self-care and treat yourself to the finer things in life every once in a while. To reiterate Spencers seven ways of crushing self-doubt: 
  1. Don’t compare yourself to others.
  2. Abandon perfectionism.
  3. Be vulnerable to a trusted community.
  4. Embrace a Growth-Mindset (we talked about this one before).
  5. Set goals that are within your control.
  6. Treat your work like an experiment. 
  7. Trust yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist and Aspiring Writer: An Introduction

Week 7 Story: The Legend of Princess Tamatori